The LTER Controlled Vocabulary Working Group has developed a number of applications and web services to support the use of the LTER Controlled Vocabulary. They was develop some useful tools to exploit their vocabularies:
Boonlert Aroonpiboon, from Thailand, has developed a package for instructional propose using an integration between Server2Go (HTTP server + PHP + MySql) and TemaTres. He also wrote full instructions (in Thai). Here package and her instructions
TemaTres 1.4 is now available to download!! Here the changelog and new features:
– Quality indicators about controlled vocabularies
The Quality assurance was improved with reports about the following quality indicators:
– Free Terms
– Terms without hierarchical relationships
– Average number of words per term
– Terms per N Broader terms
– Terms per N narrower terms and depth
– Terms words with not supported prefixes or suffixes
For more details:
MARTÍNEZ, A.M.a et al. Concepto, forma y longitud de los términos preferentes del tesauro: una
propuesta de indicadores de calidad. Anales de Documentación, 2010, vol. 13, p. 185-195. http://revistas.um.es/analesdoc/article/view/107151
MARTÍNEZ, A.M.a et al. Indicadores para evaluar el vocabulario y la estructura sistemática de un tesauro. I Jornada de Intercambio y Reflexión acerca de la Investigación en Bibliotecología, La Plata, 6-7 de diciembre de 2010. Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias de la Educación de la Universidad Nacional de La Plata. http://www.jornadabibliotecologia.fahce.unlp.edu.ar/jornada-2010/martinez
– User-defined notes
Has been added management capabilities to manage and create user-defined notes. (Thanks to Observatorio Estatal de la Discapacidad – Spain: http://www.observatoriodeladiscapacidad.es/)
– Advanced configuration options
Has been added detailed configuration options available to the administrator of the controlled vocabulary.
– Import controlled vocabularies
Now TemaTres can import controlled vocabulary from plain tagged text. For example:
– IMS VDEX Scheme (Vocabulary Definition and Exchange)
Now with TemaTres you can Display, export and publish terms and controlled vocabularies through VDEX IMS XML schema (Vocabulary Definition and Exchange). http://www.imsglobal.org/vdex/
– Controlled vocabularies RESTful Services
TemaTres have support for web services accessible through a clear and simple syntax. The service support a wide variety of queries and data can be viewed in XML, JSON or SKOS-Core.
Terms beginning with the letter B:
Search Terms :
Top of vocabulary terms
– Minor bugs was solved and was added some minor features
Powered by TemaTres 2.0
By John Porter
The Controlled Vocabulary Working Group has been working on developing a controlled vocabulary for science keywords to be used in LTER datasets. As part of the process, the working group evaluated software for managing controlled vocabularies and higher level structures (polytaxonomys, thesauri and ontologies). …. [go to the article]
These are an example of public and open data for management cultural resources France: Thésaurus pour l’indexation des archives locales publié par les Archives de France.
Developed by the National Archives of Australia, these guidelines provide advice on designing, constructing and maintaining a functions thesaurus to assist with classification and other records management processes in an organisation.
TemaTres 1.3 was released :-), this are the new features and capabilities:
- Database abstraction
With the addition of ADODB5 database abstraction library, TemaTres is more safer and can be used with a variety of database engines (Postgres, Oracle MS server, mysqli, etc). The database type is MySQL by default.
- Importing from SKOS-Core data sources
Now you can import a complete or partial vocabularies encoded according to the SKOS-Core schema (using <skos:Concept> to identify each concept)
- Minor bugs was solved and was added some minor features.
Also has been publisher complet manual of TemaTres in spanish…there are any volunteer to translate it to english?
Since version 1.2 of TemaTres there are two possible models to implement multilngual controlled vocabulary:
- Model based on a one central vocabulary and many target vocabularies
- Federated model
Model with central vocabulary:
This model contains in the same vocabulary the terms from source vocabulary and the equivalence to the terms in target vocabularies. All vocabularies (source and target vocabulary vocabulary) are managed by the same instance of TemaTres.
This option is useful if the target vocabulary does not exist or the terminology services are not available or there are incomplete terminological correspondences.
How to register a target vocabulary:
1) Login as administrator TemaTres.
2) Main Menu -> Administration -> vocabulary configuration -> add reference vocabulary.
3) Fill in the form the descriptive metadata for target vocabulary (may be changed later.)
How to create a terminological relation between controlled vocabularies
1) Find the term in our source vocabulary from which you want to create an terminological relation
2) Go to Options menu (in the term) -> Relations between vocabularies -> target vocabulary.
3) Fill the corresponding term to the target vocabulary.
4) Select the target vocabulary
5) Set the type of terminological (total equivalence, partial equivalence, nonequivalence)
This model allows to establish independent relationships between different vocabularies or languages, whether equivalence relations between languages or other possible relationships between terms and concepts. Each of the vocabularies of destination (target vocabulary) should be able to offer web services according to the TemaTres pattern terminology services. Through these services, the source vocabulary can search terms in the target vocabularies and establish relationships between terms.
This option can be useful for medium and large projects managed by multilingual terminologist team.
Registering a target vocabulary:
1) Login as administrator TemaTres.
2) Main Menu -> Administration -> vocabulary configuration -> add reference vocabulary remote (via web services).
3) Record the following information:
– Key reference: the legend will appear on screen next to each term
– Tag Reference: is a label describing the type of relationship terminology (eg EQ, EQP)
– Language: language code of the vocabulary of reference (target vocabulary)
– URL of web service terminology: URL from which the reference vocabulary TemaTres offers web services terminology. The service must be enabled on the target vocabulary (target vocabulary). EJ: http://www.r020.com.ar/tematres/demo/services.php
How to create a terminological equivalence
1) Find the word in the vocabulary of origin (source vocabulary), bone … our vocabulary, from which you want to create an equivalence relation terminology
2) Go to Options menu (the term) -> Relations between vocabularies -> remote target vocabulary (web services).
3) Select the reference vocabulary (vocabulary target) with which to establish a terminological relationship
4) Search it in the target vocabulary.
5) Select the desired term
With Thesaurus Web Publisher you can publish a thesaurus on the web using your own look and feel, your own web template. You can use data provided by Tematres web services to create one public view for your thesaurus o controlled vocabulary.
Thesaurus Web Publisher is a php tool to publish thesaurus and controlled vocabularies in the web. Thesaurus Web Publisher use the terminological web services provided by TemaTres.
TemaTres is a web tool to manage, publish and exploit controlled vocabularies and other formals representation of knowledge ( thesauri, taxonomies, glossaries, etc) .
To configure Thesaurus Web Publisher, please edit the config file (config.ws.php) and configure the URL for the terminological web services provided by TemaTres. For example:
* URL_BASE must be a TemaTres Web Services provider. Web services must be enabled on your Tematres services provider.
* eg: http://www.r020.com.ar/tematres/services.php
You can try these Tematres web services provider:
- EUROVOC (English) http://www.vocabularyserver.com/eurovoc/en/services.php
- Schools online thesaurus http://vocabularyserver.com/scot/services.php
- TemaTres Sandbox http://www.r020.com.ar/tematres/demo/services.php